IML RI 600 / TR30 ONE•LINE
integral perfect binding | backlining/end-papering | 3-knife trimming
IML RI 600
The Unique new Binding System for Hard and Soft Digital Book Production, featuring:
• Inline Endpapering • Integrated Backlining/Gauzing Station
• Cover Feeder with Scoring and facility to feed covers with Flaps!
• Separate Milling and Notching units for optimum Spine preparation
• Disc side gluing up to 10mm high • Hotmelt/PUR Spine options
• Delivery system for careful handling
• Integrated waste extraction system option
• Pressing device for Automatic Book measurement
• Manual or Automatic Book Block Feeding from Printing / Gathering / Sewing
• Speed: 250/hour (On Demand) up to 1200/hour (4-clamp model)
• Book size: Max 380 x 320mm: Min 150 x 100mm • Book thickness 3 – 60mm
• Fully Computerised Touch Screen operation • Bar Code Cover to Book verification
Automated 3-Knife Trimmer for Inline or Offline operation, featuring:
Bar Code system
for Runs of One
Fully Computerised Format
Change with NO TOOLS
or Change of Parts
Speed: 600+ / hour
WATCH THE VIDEO
Single clamp PUR perfect binder
Featuring the most advanced nozzle-type PUR gluing system for the production of perfect bound soft cover books
semi-automatic | nozzle PUR spine application | EVA disc sidegluing
The new IML BR3-PUR features automatic computer controlled settings for the production of books in short runs and single copies. A precision caliper measures the thickness of the book block and sets the milling-notching, spine gluing, side gluing and cover feeder guide. For larger runs, book size can be entered by means of the touch-screen.
• Side gluing is done through EVA tank with discs
• Mill-notching is adjustable
• Spine glue is applied via a PUR nozzle
The PUR glue is applied via a gear pump with a sealed system eliminating air and humidity and only the lower part of the candle is melted as required.
This machine offers the most advanced nozzle-type PUR gluing system for the production of perfect bound soft cover books. It is equipped with automatic computer controlled settings for the production of books in short runs and single copies in sequence. A precision caliper sets the thickness of the book block to be fed through the milling-notching, spine gluing, side gluing and cover feeder guide. For larger runs, book size can be entered by means of the touch-screen computer control where start and stop of the spine glue can also be programmed. Side gluing is done through EVA tank with discs. Book covers (for thick covers pre-scoring is recommended) are placed manually by the operator at register position.
Milling-notching can be adjusted between 0 and 2 mm. Standard equipment includes the exclusion of the milling station for sewn book blocks.
After spine preparation, the book block is transported through the spine gluing station where the PUR nozzle applies the required layer of glue. PUR glue is fed by means of a gear pump, an important advantage to prevent spoilage of the glue due to the presence of humidity in the air which happens with machines using air pumps.
After side gluing, the clamp moves the book to the cover station where the spine and side are pressed before releasing the finished book. Pressure and dwell time can be varied depending on the various materials (book cover, thickness etc.). At this time, the operator removes the book and the clamp returns to the start position.
PUR glue is fed in the appropriate tank with its own packaging, only the lower part of the candle is melted for the quantity to be used.
OTABIND gluing: for books requiring special lay-flat binding (photo-books, music books, etc.), the process is achieved in 2 steps.
The BR3S-PUR binder with automatic cover feeder will soon be available.
Cover size (open) min 140 x 140 mm <> max 690 x 440 mm*
Spine width min 2 mm <> max 50 mm
Book size (LxW) min 120 x 120 mm <> max 440 x 320 mm*
Mechanical speed up to 300 cycles/hour
* without edge-to-cover centre register bigger sizes can be processed
Risetec manufactures a range of high quality unique binders comprising of 1, 4, 12 and 16 clamps. They can be fitted with a range of options including: inline endpapering, gauzing/ backlining and cover feeders with 4 rotary creasers.
- Automatic book thickness adjustment
- Milling cutter with dust extraction
- Spine glue application (2 rollers) with spinner
- Hotmelt/PUR options with time clock control
- Disc side gluing up to 10mm high
- Gauze/lining station
- Cover feeder with automatic creasing and spine width control
- Book pressing device
- Belt delivery
- Touch screen control panel
Endpapering: (Can be supplied separately)
- Manual/automatic book block feeding
- Hotmelt side glue application
- Automatic endpaper feeding – optional book pressing
- Automatic book block feeding into transport clamp
- Min format: 150 x 100mm
Max Format: Standard 380 x 320mm7 clamp model: up to 440 x 320mm
XL model: 450 x 450mm
- Max thickness: 60mm
- Speed 1 clamp: up to 400 c/hr
- Speed 4 clamp: up to 1200 c/hr
- Speed 7 clamp: up to 2000 c/hr
- Speed 12 clamp: up to 4000 c/hr
- Speed 16 clamp: up to 4000 c/hr
- inline gathering optional
The most versatile small binder on the market
Please note – only used/reconditioned machines available
This Swiss manufacturer has been building perfect binders for over 50 years initially with the 8 clamp Rondofix. The main parts for gluing, milling, backlining and cover feeding are all interchangeable between models. High quality engineering with the latest electronic systems ensure that the machines will give long reliable service. Hotmelt, PVA and PUR adhesives can be used and are interchangable. Special sized book blocks A3 landscape and larger can be made on a modified 500 model.
Gantenbein Bufalo Binders
- Hand fed (inline option)
- Milling notching and sanding
- Spine/Side Glue (separate tanks)
- Cover Feeder
- Backlining / gauzing
- Chute or Stacker Delivery
- Inline or Offline to 3KT
Model 500: 500 / hour, Model Rondofix: 1600 / hour
- Format range: 70 x 70 x .05mm up to 575 x 330 x 60mm Special large format modification available for A3 landscape
- Glue options: PVA, PUR* or Hotmelt
- Product: Flush books, Book Blocks (for casing in), Cheque books, Pads, School books and photo albums
* Nozzle or open pot systems available.